Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How can I get PBS programs?
Most streaming services carry local network stations.  However, none seem to carry PBS stations. 

How can I watch PBS specials like the Ken Burns multi episode series on the Vietnam war?

FireTV has a PBS app, along with PBS Kids.

(09-13-2017, 12:07 PM)michaelthaler Wrote: Most streaming services carry local network stations.  However, none seem to carry PBS stations. 

How can I watch PBS specials like the Ken Burns multi episode series on the Vietnam war?
You didn't mention how you're streaming: Roku, etc., or whether you would use a pay source. 

It's starting soon on PBS WVIA (Pennsylvania).  I happened to see it just now.

The way to get PBS programming - you can get the app, but no programming of merit just by downloading the app - you have to get a PBS passport account. To get that you have to be a member of your local PBS affiliate station. In my experience, you have to make a $60 annual pledge to get the Passport. I have mine deducted monthly, so it's $5 a month.

You'll get most of the shows, but not live stations. There is no Live streaming at all in the app. Most shows will appear 24-hours after they've aired live on the network. But some take longer than 24-hours.

And there are many shows missing. Only the most popular shows are available.

Of course, you could go through the trouble of using an Antenna to pick up OTA PBS locally. And, even get a OTA DVR to record your fav shows.

We use the Passport and watch a lot of PBS. But we do miss the Live TV and we're considering adding an Antenna and going OTA with PBS.

(09-13-2017, 12:07 PM)michaelthaler Wrote: Most streaming services carry local network stations.  However, none seem to carry PBS stations. 

Hi I just posted this:

"Hi All, this morning I figured out how to watch Live PBS using the Silk Web Browser App on my Amazon Fire TV Stick. The Wisconsin PBS affiliate streams PBS live when you go to their website in the Silk Web Browser. So here are the instructions:

1) Download the Amazon Silk Web Browser App in the Fire Stick TV App store.
2) Open the Silk Browser and and search for Wisconsin PBS.
3) Once on the Wisconsin PBS website look for the word Live. Click whatever is Live streaming and enjoy."