Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Spectrum Stream
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has been using Spectrum's Stream Package and your thoughts so far? 

I got an email a few weeks ago that stated for $20 per month I could take advantage of their Streaming package that also includes HBO. I figured why not. I was using HBO Now for $15 but this would allow us to get more locals and NFL games. 

The Interface isn't that bad, but not as good as most. I can access my account from the app on my phone and see On Demand options, but if I try and access from my laptop on a different network I don't have any options available. I guess that is how they gate the account.

Plus I got a new Roku Premiere Plus for signing up, so that's a win.

(05-17-2017, 04:50 PM)Jumbo5hrimp Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has been using Spectrum's Stream Package and your thoughts so far? 

I got an email a few weeks ago that stated for $20 per month I could take advantage of their Streaming package that also includes HBO. I figured why not. I was using HBO Now for $15 but this would allow us to get more locals and NFL games. 

The Interface isn't that bad, but not as good as most. I can access my account from the app on my phone and see On Demand options, but if I try and access from my laptop on a different network I don't have any options available. I guess that is how they gate the account.

Plus I got a new Roku Premiere Plus for signing up, so that's a win.

This might be something I would look into every now & then - I do not subscribe to any live service (normally we do not).  Any issues with the streaming?  Did you get a discount on anything else?

(05-17-2017, 04:50 PM)Jumbo5hrimp Wrote: I am interested in this. I have DirecTV Now and want to get rid of Spectrum TV completely due to their extremely high prices. Do they add any additional fees (local broadcast fees), does this qualify me for reduced internet pricing and can I choose a different Premium channel other than HBO? I get it with DTVN for $5 (free for the 1st year). I would take the Roku for free as well (I have 2 premiers already and LOVE them). Just waiting on DirecTV Now to come to Roku.

Unfortunately, they do not offer a package deal for Internet and Stream. I would imagine that at some point that they might begin doing that.

It is very hard to find the info on the Streaming service online. I got an email from them which is how I found out about it.

They said I would be getting a Roku 3 for free. I know that it's an older version but I was ok with that for my basement TV. Turns out I got a Roku Premiere Plus. Nice surprise.

There is a Local Broadcast Fee of $6.

Hope this answered your questions.

So far the streaming has worked great. I haven't seen any issues with it. My main TV Roku unit is hard wired. The new one in the basement(wireless router is in basement) is wireless.

I was paying the $15 for HBO Now. $20 for Stream which includes HBO (or you could do Showtime) seemed worth it to me. I was dying with the limited amount of NFL games I could watch.

(05-22-2017, 12:48 PM)Jumbo5hrimp Wrote: Jumbo,
 Thanks for the information. This sounds very promising and I hope they offer the same to me. Just to clarify, does the $20 include the broadcast fee or is it an additional $6 bringing the bill to $26? Not a perfect deal that way, but if DirecTV Now doesn't add my local networks, this may be a good workaround.