Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grounding tv antenna
I have a fb-9000 tv antenna, was wondering what is the best way to ground the antenna? I have the j-pole to use to mount it.

I have not done it but this site gives a guide. https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-t...tv-antenna

(03-18-2017, 08:53 PM)Trekwatcher Wrote: I have a fb-9000 tv antenna, was wondering what is the best way to ground the antenna? I have the j-pole to use to mount it.

From what I know, connect to a standard grounding rod below with #10 copper wire.

This is a typical topic which has significant ramifications, particularly if you are in a state where lightning is a common issue. First, you almost never ground the antenna; however the pole or tower is a totally different matter. Just ramming a rod into the ground and running a lead to the pole is rarely the right way to do it for numerous reasons, not the least of which is the fact that the ground conductivity varies so widely. You should get some professional advice from an electrician; there are specific rules in the National Electrician's Code, along with whatever rules that exist in your state or region, that need to be followed. In some places this can also adversely affect your homeowner's insurance if done improperly. Remember lightning is fickle, and spending a little money up front is wise when dealing with something so onerous