Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I stream DVR recordings?
I can access almost all the content I need by streaming.  The only exception this is is local programming that I can get from an antenna, but I don't want to have to watch it live.  I would have to record it.  How can I record programming from my antenna and store it in the cloud so I can stream it?  I want to access these recordings and the rest of my srteeaming content via an Amazon Fire Stick.

Can this be done?

Take a look at Tablo DVRs they will do what you want.

(02-01-2017, 12:33 AM)Luke Wrote: Take a look at Tablo DVRs they will do what you want.

Funny you say that, I tripped up on Tablo yesterday.  It seems to fit the bill.  I particularly like that Amazon Dire TV has an app to integrate it in to their user interface.

Thx for the reply.

Good luck with your TABLO. I sent mine back since it was outdated. I bought TiVo from Amazon and it has way more feature plus it is updated. The subscription came with the TiVo Roamio. Plus I added a couple of TiVo minis for the other TVs in the house. 
The TiVo has its own set of problems with the minis. They have to be ethernet wired or you will encounter problems. They say they can work wireless but that is bull. They work wireless on live tv and that about it. That's with the fastest router on the market.

(02-04-2017, 01:59 PM)IceColdBeer Wrote: Good luck with your TABLO. I sent mine back since it was outdated. I bought TiVo from Amazon and it has way more feature plus it is updated. The subscription came with the TiVo Roamio. Plus I added a couple of TiVo minis for the other TVs in the house. 
The TiVo has its own set of problems with the minis. They have to be ethernet wired or you will encounter problems. They say they can work wireless but that is bull. They work wireless on live tv and that about it. That's with the fastest router on the market.

I already own the Tivo Bolt and two minis connected via MOCA.  The system works perfectly.  I bought these in anticipation of cordcutting in about a year.  It can be switched from cable to antenna.  This all sounds pretty good, but the streaming providers are limited and some, like YouTube, just don't work correctly.  Couple that with paying $150/year subscription fee makes me wonder if I did the right thing.

Looking back on what I want I seem to be at crossroads; Tivo is strong with DVR and TV, but light on streaming (almost seems like a half-hearted effort) or a streaming device that can bring in DVR/TV through an app.  

What I think I want now is that all my content to be streaming.  I like both the Roku and Amazon FireTV ecosystems.   The attractiveness of the Tablo is the app within AmazonFireTV (or others).  Being able to fully control recording and viewing through that app sounds really good.  As long as it worked correctly.