Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tivo Roamio W/Lifetime Service
Everyone:  it's back:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148ZR...icemail-20

Big Grin

Took the plunge with this deal late last year and do not regret it. Because of this deal, I chose the Tivo over the Channel Master DVR. The Tivo also incorporates Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu so you don't have to change the input on your TV for those. Feels so good to get that DirecTV subscription off my back!

I played around with it a lot at CES great little device.

Yes. Highly recommended if you want to cord-cut, but others in the household (parents, spouses, kids) want to keep that cable/satellite viewing experience. The Tivo lifetime membership alone is usually over $500. This is a steal.

And it's gone again. Should have bought one but the wife talked me out of it (lets blame her!)

Well, it's actually still available for $400 to $450 now depending on the seller. Still not a bad deal considering the cost of a lifetime subscription alone. But the $300 deal was sooooo good.

I think Amazon is out of stock for now. Keep a eye on it when they are in stock they drop down to about $300.

I bought the TIVO ROAMIO OTA 1 TB from Amazon in December 2016, with the no TIVO fees for the life of the machine.  (It's replacing another TIVO Roamio that I have been paying a $15.00 a month fee on. )

When I go to set up the new TIVO from Amazon, the Set Up Guide just enters into an "endless loop" and keeps going back to the initial set up instructions.  It's as though it's trying to download a software update, but doesn't finish downloading it, so it starts all over again.

Called TIVO and they said they've had numerous calls the past couple of days with the same issue, all happening on TIVOs purchased from Amazon.  TIVO does NOT have a fix at this time, "their engineers are working on a solution" and " they'll let me know via e-mail" when they've figured out how to fix the problem.  I'm very tempted to return new TIVO and reactivate old one.

Consider yourselves WARNED !!! Angry  Huh Angry Huh Angry Huh Angry Huh

(01-24-2017, 02:51 PM)chico-surfs Wrote: I bought the TIVO ROAMIO OTA 1 TB from Amazon in December 2016, with the no TIVO fees for the life of the machine.  (It's replacing another TIVO Roamio that I have been paying a $15.00 a month fee on. )

When I go to set up the new TIVO from Amazon, the Set Up Guide just enters into an "endless loop" and keeps going back to the initial set up instructions.  It's as though it's trying to download a software update, but doesn't finish downloading it, so it starts all over again.

Called TIVO and they said they've had numerous calls the past couple of days with the same issue, all happening on TIVOs purchased from Amazon.  TIVO does NOT have a fix at this time, "their engineers are working on a solution" and " they'll let me know via e-mail" when they've figured out how to fix the problem.  I'm very tempted to return new TIVO and reactivate old one.

Consider yourselves WARNED !!! Angry  Huh Angry Huh Angry Huh Angry Huh

UPDATE : *** PLEASE see 1 star reviews on Amazon ... TIVO and Amazon have known about this problem for a couple of months, but continue to sell these defective units.  TIVO is lying when they say they've received "numerous calls the past couple of days with the same issues" ... as the 1 star reviews show, they've known about this for months, hence the sale price on defective units !!!   ... shame on both TIVO and Amazon !!!