Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFTV (2015) Sound Volume Issue
I have a new problem.  I just got a new AFTV 2015, and the sound volume is much lower than my AFTV Stick.  

With my Soundbar volume at max, I watched the same Prime videos and YouTube videos on all devices, and used my phone's decibel meter to measure the volume.
  • The AFTV 2015, would MAX out at 82 decibels. 
  • The AFTV Stick, would MAX out at 89 decibels.
  • Roku Stick, would MAX out at 89 decibels (for comparison)
So the AFTV Stick is much louder than the new AFTV 2015.  And that was the maximum, where typical volume, such as talking, will be much lower (65-75db).

I've tried messing with the Dolby sound settings, but nothing helps.  Only getting 82 decibels -- at max volume -- isn't that loud, given most of the voices will be much lower,  and I can't make it any louder.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Are there any hidden volume controls?

I haven't ran a comparison but I know that Plex has been much quieter since I switched from Fire Stick to AFTV2. At least it is able to play smoothly now though.

Let me dig around and see what I find on this.

So I got off the phone with Amazon.  They are sending me a new AFTV2 overnight, and some sort of special support team is suppose to call me tomorrow.

I personally think this is related to the Dolby issue, and I think no one else is noticing it because they aren't maxing out their sound system (soundbar for me).  I'm only having to turn my sound system to max so that I could hear the voices over our treadmill.  

If it wasn't for the fact that I have to turn it up louder than normal, I don't think I would have realized it either.

(10-15-2015, 07:02 PM)HeyRadar Wrote: So I got off the phone with Amazon.  They are sending me a new AFTV2 overnight, and some sort of special support team is suppose to call me tomorrow.

I personally think this is related to the Dolby issue, and I think no one else is noticing it because they aren't maxing out their sound system (soundbar for me).  I'm only having to turn my sound system to max so that I could hear the voices over our treadmill.  

If it wasn't for the fact that I have to turn it up louder than normal, I don't think I would have realized it either.

Could you keep us up to date on what happens? I am interested in finding out more about this. 

Thanks

(10-14-2015, 12:26 PM)HeyRadar Wrote: I have a new problem.  I just got a new AFTV 2015, and the sound volume is much lower than my AFTV Stick.  

I've noticed in Kodi I have to really crank up the vol vs my older box/sticks.

Been searching for this too. I'm just using Netflix and Plex, both seem to need damn near max tv and sound bar to hear the quiet scenes. Please let us know what they tell ya.

I'm having the same issues. I have to turn the soundbar way up to hear dialog. My Shield and PS4 work just fine so I have ruled out my soundbar.

Seams like the Fire TV is having a lot of issues. Everything I hear about the new one is about issues.

The new FireTV is experiencing several issues at the moment. Apparently, they are all software related (so no issues with the hardware) and Amazon is working aggressively to get these issues fixed ASAP. The low sound volume is one of these issues.

More info: http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-is-divert...ng-effort/