Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a live tv streaming service??
I try to keep up on this stuff, but still a little confused.  I never watch anything that is not recorded, so do I need a live streaming service like Sling or could I find the same content the day following release on Hulu or somewhere else?

If you are happy than no you don't need it.

(12-01-2017, 05:49 PM)SJMaye Wrote: I try to keep up on this stuff, but still a little confused.  I never watch anything that is not recorded, so do I need a live streaming service like Sling or could I find the same content the day following release on Hulu or somewhere else?

Only if you get news and sports from newspapers and don't want any such events at real time.

(12-11-2017, 07:07 PM)michaelthaler Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 05:49 PM)SJMaye Wrote: I try to keep up on this stuff, but still a little confused.  I never watch anything that is not recorded, so do I need a live streaming service like Sling or could I find the same content the day following release on Hulu or somewhere else?

Only if you get news and sports from newspapers and don't want any such events at real time.

Today, I am still on cable.  I don't watch sports.  My news is via local and national news.  I had expected to get a Tablo to record local programming including news.  Until now I had not thought of national news.  Are there ways to get CNN or Fox news streaming?

(12-12-2017, 08:20 AM)SJMaye Wrote:

Today, I am still on cable.  I don't watch sports.  My news is via local and national news.  I had expected to get a Tablo to record local programming including news.  Until now I had not thought of national news.  Are there ways to get CNN or Fox news streaming?

About national news like Fox News (and I assume CNN), I get it live on youtube, just search Fox News Live.  There are many options, some have the youtube ads (that you can skip after 5 seconds) and some don't, only the normal broadcast commercials.  I've recently "cut the cord" and got rid of Dish.  One way I "cheat" is that using my Roku is that for channels like Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, A&E, FX, etc., I login in with my Mom's cable subscription login credentials.  I really like Roku's, though they need to be the good models with fast processors.

(12-15-2017, 08:06 PM)ron92646 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:20 AM)SJMaye Wrote:

About national news like Fox News (and I assume CNN), I get it live on youtube, just search Fox News Live.  There are many options, some have the youtube ads (that you can skip after 5 seconds) and some don't, only the normal broadcast commercials.  I've recently "cut the cord" and got rid of Dish.  One way I "cheat" is that using my Roku is that for channels like Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, A&E, FX, etc., I login in with my Mom's cable subscription login credentials.  I really like Roku's, though they need to be the good models with fast processors.

Thank you, michaelthaler.  You hit the nail on the head.  This was exactly the information I was looking for.