Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to cord cutting.
After being with DirecTV for nearly 10 years I dumped their Satellite service, my bills were north of $130 with the xtra package...I remember the days when the premier package was going around $100 max...

Anyways, retention didn't offer me anything so I dumped them...(still waiting for the return boxes, been a week)

I went to Best Buy and got myself an Apple 4K TV unit, really impressed with the unit, apps load smooth, the remote touch pad somewhat sucks, but other than that I like it.
I signed up for the DirecTV Now service since I have the AT&T Unlimited Plus and I signed up before they discontinued the $25 discount, now its only $15. So I'd be paying only $35 a month with free HBO, so its a win win situation.
I compared Vue, the PQ on Vue looks to be nicer, however the guide feels less intuitive. With the Apple remote I like the feature where I can flip channels on DirecTV Now with the touch pad, this is not something that is offered on Vue.

So far the I am kinda upset that DirecTV Now doesn't offer a single local in my area 89502 (Reno, NV) I am surprised...I'd like to have the 3 major ones, don't care much about ABC, since I like football and not having NBC/Fox/CBS is a big downer.

Lastly my only gripe is no cloud DVR, and from what I hear they may make things a bit expensive if they add CloudDVR, I hope they don't make the fee stupid high. 

Overall I do miss the traditional guide and channel numbers for quick channel changes, but I think if I give it some time I will start to enjoy it.

P.S: The reason I went with Apple is:
- The Nvidia shield did not have an official DirecTV Now app.
- In the apple eco system, I have 3 iPhones in my household, 2 iPads, and of course this.
- Roku interface didn't impress me and never been a fan of their remotes

Give it some time and you will get use to the new DIRECTV NOW guide.

(11-15-2017, 02:14 AM)IcEWoLF Wrote: After being with DirecTV for nearly 10 years I dumped their Satellite service, my bills were north of $130 with the xtra package...I remember the days when the premier package was going around $100 max...

Anyways, retention didn't offer me anything so I dumped them...(still waiting for the return boxes, been a week)

I went to Best Buy and got myself an Apple 4K TV unit, really impressed with the unit, apps load smooth, the remote touch pad somewhat sucks, but other than that I like it.
I signed up for the DirecTV Now service since I have the AT&T Unlimited Plus and I signed up before they discontinued the $25 discount, now its only $15. So I'd be paying only $35 a month with free HBO, so its a win win situation.
I compared Vue, the PQ on Vue looks to be nicer, however the guide feels less intuitive. With the Apple remote I like the feature where I can flip channels on DirecTV Now with the touch pad, this is not something that is offered on Vue.

So far the I am kinda upset that DirecTV Now doesn't offer a single local in my area 89502 (Reno, NV) I am surprised...I'd like to have the 3 major ones, don't care much about ABC, since I like football and not having NBC/Fox/CBS is a big downer.

Lastly my only gripe is no cloud DVR, and from what I hear they may make things a bit expensive if they add CloudDVR, I hope they don't make the fee stupid high. 

Overall I do miss the traditional guide and channel numbers for quick channel changes, but I think if I give it some time I will start to enjoy it.

P.S: The reason I went with Apple is:
- The Nvidia shield did not have an official DirecTV Now app.
- In the apple eco system, I have 3 iPhones in my household, 2 iPads, and of course this.
- Roku interface didn't impress me and never been a fan of their remotes

You can buy a Tigerstream set up TV box and pay no monthly fees. You buy the box with a one time and watch what you want when you want. There are no restrictions to the programming you can daily enjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)