Navigations

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet wiring question
Hello all,
I've canceled Directv and am wondering if I can redirect my cable internet through the directv cable for centralizing my modem/wireless router?
Thanks in advance for the expert advise.

(10-28-2017, 11:13 PM)MailmanRC Wrote: Hello all,
I've canceled Directv and am wondering if I can redirect my cable internet through the directv cable for centralizing my modem/wireless router?
  Many years ago, when we had Canadian Satellite service (in the U.S.) - it used the same type of TV cable that the cable system (which then was bought by Comcast) uses.

(10-29-2017, 09:31 AM)michaelthaler Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:13 PM)MailmanRC Wrote: Hello all,
  Many years ago, when we had Canadian Satellite service (in the U.S.) - it used the same type of TV cable that the cable system (which then was bought by Comcast) uses.

UPDATE: I was able to move my internet service over to the no longer in use wiring that I used for Directv.  My modem/route is now centralized in my home and the speed is awesome at all tv's and firetv sticks.
My provider did have to "activate" the new connection point of the modem/router.  Those who are a little more tech savy could probably DIY.  Cord cutting is now in full speed ahead mode.  
Cord Cutter News aka Luke keep bringing those new ideas for trial and keep the updates coming for the updates from the streaming service coming.